- How wide should a chandelier be? Measure the length & the width of the room and add those figures together (and make them inches). For example, if your room is 12' x 14', 12 + 14 = 26, so your chandelier should be about 26" wide (give or take a couple of inches).
- How low should a chandelier hang with a two-story ceiling? The chandelier should hang 10-11' above the floor.
- What is the height a chandelier should hang above a table? The bottom of the chandelier should hang 30-32" above the table (which is usually about 5' off the floor).
Please remember that all of this info is also on Crystorama's web site.
- Swarovski Elements used to be called "Strass" ~ it's the most optically pure and has an invisible coating that makes it easier to clean.
- Swarovski Spectra is a wonderful alternative crystal. It is still brilliant with superior light reflections.
- Hand-cut Clear Crystal is the choice of traditionalists. It's hand cut and then polished on a wood wheel with marble dust.
- Silver Shade & Golden Teak are the newest colored crystals ~ great for the glamour look, or added elegance.
Thanks again to Crystorama Lighting for sharing their great tips!
They also have a great Facebook fan page, and they've already run one contest, with more to come, so you should "Like" them if you don't already! Here's a link to their page:
Stay tuned ~ they're planning to also launch a Twitter page very soon!
Don't forget that Dominion Electric Supply is already there ~ Twitter & everywhere! You can follow us in 5 places on the web:
~ Facebook (Dominion Electric Supply Co)
~ Twitter (@DomElecSup)
~ Blogger (http://dominionelectric.blogspot.com/) (residential lighting)
~ Blogger (http://spotopportunities.blogspot.com/) (electrical supplies)
~ the old-fashioned internet (http://www.dominionelectric.com/)