Showroom Lighting Designer ~ Arlington, VA
Send resumes to MSingh@DominionElectric.com
NO Phone Calls please!
NO Phone Calls please!
The Lighting Designer is an expert in lighting design and layout for residential and light commercial projects. Typically the Lighting Designer works by appointment only and is working in conjunction with the owner, builder and interior decorator on the lighting and control aspects of the projects.
Frequently the Designer will meet with the customer/electrician/builder offsite (at the jobsite, builders’ offices, etc.) throughout the project. The owner, builder, architect and electrician rely on the Lighting Designers expertise for all elements of lighting (indoors and outdoor) for the project.
- Works independently to provide creative recommendations on lighting design for their clientele.
- Organizes, plans and schedules installation and completion of lighting projects, working closely with the warehouse residential team and other relevant personnel.
- Establishes goals and priorities for all secured and/or assigned projects.
- Monitors performance from vendors and alerts of potential problems.
- Monitors the order, changes, and releases, advising the contractor(s) of important scheduling details, as necessary.
- Must handle all correspondences, prioritize and execute good judgment, demonstrate initiative and tact with customers and vendors on all levels.
- Visits customer and/or builder job sites or homes to ensure timely project completion to the satisfaction of the customers.
- Markets to new prospects by attending trade and general business networking functions.
- Works with administrative staff to ensure that orders are processed efficiently and correctly.
- Performs all other tasks and projects as and when assigned by the manager and/or appointed VP.
· Demonstrate expertise to layout and design lighting for multi-million dollar projects, both residential and light commercial.
· Excellent knowledge of lighting products and market trends.
· Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills.
· Constructive thinking and innovative solutions to ensure that customer needs are satisfied.
· Ability to define and communicate processes effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to work with little or no supervision.
· Strong project management and scheduling skills.
· Is detail – oriented, accurate, organized and flexible.
· Is able to handle multiple tasks.
· Is able to work under pressure and deadlines.
College Degree Preferred